- Total enterprises interviewed: 159
- Private Cloud preferred: 75% Out of which 52% are implementing both on-premises and off-premises
- Customers seeing CAPEX (power, cooling) savings: 61%
- Customers seeing both CAPEX & OPEX savings: 25%
- Other benefits include freeing up strategic resources (49%), enabling disaster recovery/business continuity planning (46%), and increased flexibility and agility (46%). Overall, 89% of customers reported multiple outcomes, with just under half of all enterprises (46%) reporting five or more significant outcomes.
- The report also found that the single most common level of OpEx reduction (from a sample of 79 respondents) was in the range of 21-30%. However, across all these respondents, cloud computing returned an average 22% OpEx saving.
- Of the 76% of cloud customers that also reported real, measurable cost savings, the single most common level of CapEx reduction was between 11-20%. The CapEx return across all these respondents was 26%.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
I was reading this article "Cloud Customers Report Capital Cost Savings" which is based on a research report from "Responsible Cloud": very interesting data:
Posted by Shivaram Mysore at 11:01 PM